“I never really wanted to be a podcast host, you know. I mean, they told me while at school, if I got two CSEs, when I left school I’d be head of Working Title Films. That’s a lot of nonsense, innit? I mean, you look at statistics, right. 83% of top British management have been to a public school and Oxbridge, right? 93% of the BBC have been to a public school and Oxbridge, right? 98% of the KGB have been to a public school and Oxbridge. All you get from a public school, right. One, you get a top job, right, and two, you get an interest in perverse sexual practices.”
“My dad’s bought me the Socialist Workers Party for my birthday.”
On this month’s episode:
Æon Flux, “Utopia or Deuteranopia?” (season 3 episode 1, 1995): Trevor Goodchild has assumed control of Bregnia in the absence of kidnapped chairman Clavius. But a Breen soldier becomes convinced Trevor is behind the kidnapping and allies with Æon to expose the truth.
The Young Ones, “Bambi” (series 2 episode 1, 1984): The boys have been selected to represent Scumbag College on University College. But first, they must navigate the horrors of laundry day. Special musical guest Motörhead.
Next month: The IT Crowd and Snuff Box.
- Visit the episode’s page at PodOmatic
- Intro by the Vern featuring the music of Fuzzy Machete
- Subscribe to us on iTunes
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Elwood Jones’s main blog is From the Depths of DVD Hell; he also hosts The Mad, Bad, and Downright Strange Showcase and contributes to Channel: Superhero.
- TV Good Sleep Bad is part of the That Moment In podcast network