It’s time for another episode of TV Good Sleep Bad, the cult-TV podcast that is not born into this world fumbling for meaning! It was created to serve a singular purpose which it will go to any lengths to fulfill!
(Well, not any lengths, not really. I don’t think we would have shot someone for the opportunity to watch Sapphire and Steel.)
In this episode, we discuss:
Rick and Morty 1.05, “Meeseeks and Destroy” (2014): Morty convinces Rick to let him lead their latest adventure, one that ultimately results in him being trapped in a restroom with a lecherous jellybean. Meanwhile, Rick gives the other Smiths a little something to get them off his back: magical creatures who exist only to help them improve their lives. But things take a dark turn when they can’t help Jerry take two strokes off his golf game.
The Outer Limits 1.15, “The New Breed” (1995): A terminal cancer patient injects himself with his future brother-in-law’s body-repairing nanites, but things go disastrously wrong. Starring Richard Thomas (The Waltons, It, The Americans) and Peter Outerbridge (ReGenesis).
Next month: Masters of Horror and The Prisoner.
- Visit the episode’s page at PodOmatic
- Intro by the Vern featuring the music of Fuzzy Machete
- Subscribe to us on iTunes
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Elwood Jones’s main blog is From the Depths of DVD Hell; he also hosts The Mad, Bad, and Downright Strange Showcase and contributes to Channel: Superhero.