Elwood and Lackey are back to take on two slices of late-night television goodness, in the form of Tom Baker-era Doctor Who and Japan’s tokusatsu take on Spider-Man. Yowza!
In this episode, we discuss:
Doctor Who 17.05-17.08, “City of Death” (1979): The Doctor and Romana arrive in contemporary Paris and stumble across a tentacle-faced alien, dangerous time-travel experiments, and a plot to steal the Mona Lisa.
Supaidāman, episode zero (1978?): Takuya Yamashiro, a motocross racer with superpowers granted by alien technology, joins forced with Interpol’s Secret Intelligence Division to take on Professor Monster and his evil Iron Cross Army.
Next month: Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Ultraman.
- Visit the episode’s page at PodOmatic
- Intro by the Vern featuring the music of Fuzzy Machete
- Subscribe to us on iTunes
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Elwood Jones’s main blog is From the Depths of DVD Hell; he also hosts The Mad, Bad, and Downright Strange Showcase and contributes to Channel: Superhero.